Mr. Edward Windsor
As President of Team Wessex, I thought it was high time to give my Prince Edward
site a make-over. It is, after all, the new millennium, and a new look for this
website is overdue. At least in my eyes.
Aside from the new look, I'll be updating some essays, adding more information (along
with a few surprises!), and
totally changing the site. Please stay tuned...and take a look around.
6 May 2000: Their Royal Highnesses the Earl and Countess of Wessex will be visiting
Prince Edward Island, Canada, from July 14-16 of this year and yours truly, the President
of Team Wessex will be on hand to witness the whole visit! Coming to
WS after the trip is over: a first-hand account of my entire trip (written by
me of course, grin), as well as pictures from the trip, which, if I have any say in the
matter will include photos of Edward and Sophie. I would include it all here and/or on
the new Sophie biography site, but I decided it would be best to just put it on the
main WS site.
- Edward Anthony Richard Louis Windsor
- Born on March 10, 1964 at Buckingham Palace
- Christening: May 3, 1964
- He is 6 ft. tall
- He is right-handed
- Educated at Heatherdown Preparatory School, then at Gordonstoun
- Spent a very brief time in the Royal Marines
- Was created The Earl of Wessex in 1999; prefers to be called Edward Windsor
- Was married to long-term girlfriend Sophie Rhys-Jones on 19 June 1999
- Is owner/director of productions of Ardent Productions Limited, a TV company he started in
- Used to work for the Really Useful Company, for Andrew Lloyd-Webber
- FAVORITE SINGER: Peter Gabriel, last I heard (hence the song on this page)
- FAVORITE PLACE: London
- FAVORITE FOOD: seafood, chicken, mars bars (just like me...I love mars bars!)
- FAVORITE DRINK: white wine, gin and tonic, tea
- HOBBIES: Real tennis, the theater, travel, sailing, skiing
- FAVORITE PEOPLE: Sophie Rhys-Jones, his parents, the Queen Mother
- DISLIKES: the Press, smoking, being Royal (wants to be "An ordinary bloke known as
- BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Finding Sophie Rhys-Jones
- BIGGEST MISTAKE: Joining the Royal Marines
- LITTLE KNOWN FACT #1: Learned to shoot at age seven
- LITTLE KNOWN FACT #2: Is his father's favorite son (everyone knows Philip's favorite child is Anne)
- LITTLE KNOWN FACT #3: Older sister Anne had a nickname for him when he was a child: "Nig Nog"
- LITTLE KNOWN FACT #4: Edward, along with cousins James, Helen and Sarah, were known as the "Queenyboppers" when
they were little
It is my essays that are the foundation of Windsor Street. This site is part of WS, and
therefore, the essays on this site are the foundation of this site.
It's not rocket science...and biographical information, like the tidbits listed above,
is not enough to really get to know a person. Not by a long shot. That's why I read the
books and write the essays.
So the people who read the essays can get an idea of who the person I write about really
is. And in this case, the person I'm writing about is Edward Windsor, Prince of Great
Britain, son of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Edward is my favorite of the British Royals, that's why he got much more attention on my
site than any of his relatives. He's a complex man, and is not well-known.
A few people have tried to explain who he is. I've read more than one book on him, and they
all fascinate me. The thing with Edward is, there is only one side of the story. His. So
all the books pretty much say the same thing.
And that made my job extremely easy. Go figure.
Most of my essays have information that come from "Sophie's Kiss: The Love Story of Prince
Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones". But some of the newer material, which I plan on putting here
sometime in the near future, will be based on (sort of...) what I've read in other books.
Atra once said I had the best damn Edward pages on the web. It was awhile ago, when I was
still working on the site. And the site has basically stayed the same ever since.
Until now. And I'm now taking it one step further.
You want to get to know Edward? Read the essays.
They're here for Edward himself. And for Atra. The best of Windsors and the best of sites
are getting better.